As a user-centered Product Designer, I believe that software applications & websites should be easy, intuitive, & delightful experiences.
- 1 = Know Nothing
- 10 = Know Everything
THE HUMAN ELEMENT
|User Interface Design
|User Experience Design
|Prototyping & Testing
|User-Centered Research Methods
TOOLS OF THE TRADE
|Hand Coding (HTML, CSS, jQuery)
||Bachelor of Science, Graphic Information Technology, Arizona State University
||U.S. Air Force Airman Leadership School
2013 – Present: Product Designer, Infusionsoft, Chandler, AZ
As a Product Designer at Infusionsoft, I utilize principles of behavioral design, service design, gamification, and LEAN UX to deliver a delightful product experience that helps small business owners get leads, grow sales, and save time. This includes:
- Working with Product Managers to conduct research via customer interviews and in-person (contextual) visits.
- Conducting stakeholder and subject matter expert interviews.
- Working with developers and other project team members to hypothesize early concepts, create low fidelity wireframes, etc.
- Testing concepts with paper prototypes, A/B testing, and interactive prototypes.
- Iterating on design hypothesis based on testing results... then re-testing.
- Final high-fidelity visual designs.
- Assisting developers with front-end coding as necessary, occasionally hand-coding some items myself.
2009 – 2013: User Interface Designer, The Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
Utilize user-centered design methods to design a varied array of digital products including Web-based, mobile, and software applications, as well as Web sites:
- Conduct user research via contextual inquiry, interviews, surveys, usability testing, etc.
- Test & iterate on research findings with early paper prototypes.
- Conduct visioning sessions with product managers, business stakeholders, and developers to define high-level product requirements.
- Create refined prototypes to usability-test (with real people) interaction models and iterate as necessary.
- Assist project team in defining detailed functional requirements.
- Create final visual design for digital products, or provide art direction to other visual designers.
2006 – 2009: Interactive Designer, I-ology, Scottsdale, AZ
- Designed & coded (front-end HTML, CSS, jQuery, etc) Web sites.
- Designed & coded (ActionScript) interactive applications & motion graphics with Flash.
- Designed email newsletters & Web banner advertisements for Iology’s marketing department.
- Conducted competitor & best-practice research for design projects.
- Developed design artifacts such as functional specifications, sitemaps, wireframes, etc.
- Helped define & refine I-ology’s overall Web design & development process, including the creation of standards documentation to be used as official reference material by designers, developers, & project managers.
2004 – 2006: Contract Web/Graphic Designer, Various Tech-Staffing Agencies, Arizona
- Provided Web design, graphic design, & user interface design to numerous clients throughout Phoenix, AZ.
- Notable clients included Intel Corporation, Dermacare USA, & Merchants Information Solutions.
2001 – 2004: Web Designer & Internet Marketing Strategist, CPU, Inc.
Responsible for all aspects of the company's Internet marketing strategy, including:
- Designed & maintenaned seven Web sites & corresponding Internet marketing campaigns.
- Search engine optimization for all Web sites.
- Graphic design (for printed collateral) as needed.
- Managed numerous pay-per-click marketing campaigns.
1999 – 2001: Assistant Webmaster / Student Supervisor, Arizona State University Video Library, Tempe, AZ
Student-worker position responsible for assisting with the maintenance of the Video Resource Library’s Web site, including the improvement of site navigation, design, & overall usability.
1992 – 1999: Signals Intelligence Specialist, U.S. Air Force
- Utilized complex cryptanalytic equipment to acquire & report top-secret electromagnetic transmissions.
- Volunteered to create & maintain Web sites & multimedia materials for offices within the Air Force & National Security Agency.
- Position required a Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance.
Back to Top